Sunday, November 23, 2014

A little more past before we get to the present...

In my first blog post I mentioned a little of the past, how I had cancer at age 14, well I also had it at age 18. I relapsed. I had just started my first year of college and my had my first real job. I relapsed on Oct 14th 2005. I had a gut feeling I had relapsed before we even went to the drs office. I was tired all of the time and just didn't feel right. You know when your dr and 3 nurses you have known since the first time you heard those words "You have cancer" come in to talk to you, something isn't right. I was right, it wasn't right I had relapsed and would have to experience chemo all over again. afraid I would lose my friends I had become close with my junior year of highschool, I didn't know what to expect. Those friends I found out were true friends. I am forever thankful for the season they were my friends, we of course grew apart like some friends do. But we do however keep in touch every so often. When I lost every bit of my hair, they were there, by myside!! When I was in the hospital, they would check on me etc. THOSE are the friends, I hope everyone can have at least at one point in their lives. The ones that are there when you expect them to leave yet they stick around and see you through the bad times, not just the good.
I went through 2 years of very intense chemo, some bad side effects and even blood clots. Now 7 years after my very last chemo I am cancer free!!!

I have been married, I have been divorced. I won't go into the personal effects of that. One thing I will say, the marriage gave me Christopher and it gave me a better outlook on life after the divorce.
Christopher makes me look at things, people and just the world in general in a different light. I am a single mom who does it all, and I do it all for my kid. Right now he is my number 1.

When I had Christopher he had to be put in the NICU, he was only in there for a week but that week was a ride. He his respirations would go real high and his oxygen levels would go low. He had to be on a ventihood, the cannulas for his oxygen. I wasn't able to hold him and he wasn't able to eat for the first 24 hours. (I was able to hold him right after he was born, but that night is when they found something was wrong) They said he had Transient Tachypenia of a Newborn, he had a PDA and a heart murmur. He also had a hypospadias, in which he had surgery on when he was 8 months old on his first Halloween. He had one or two heart echos done when he was born because of the pda and murmur. BUT the technicians they had do it weren't ped technicians and they missed something very important that would change our lives forever, two and half years later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment